25 January 2009

the orange peel

Standing on the sidewalk waiting for the bus, my feet shuffle towards the telephone pole to seek some form of blockade from the frigid wind. Pulling my jacket tighter around me to save warmth, I reach into my hippie sack bag for my digital camera. My little plum colored camera powers on and to pass time, i press the shutter here and there - just to see if anything "scene" or spectacular would result. Cars swarm pass, I look up at the misleading sky- sunny, cloudless- and I let my head fall to the ground. scanning the cement, I spot a little scrape of orange. Clearly out of place. I break my statued stance and walk closer to it. And to my surprise there unprecendented, and unplanned is a heart shaped orange peel. First confused, as anyone else would be i leaned in closer. I then snapped a picture or two, because Im sure no one would believe. These things only happen in movies.

I then smiled. How something so simple had brightened my day; despite the waiting weather and whatnot.

I love the simple little things in life.




No comments:

Post a Comment