Friday: Giddy me went to the doctors for my physical to be cleared for the Driver's Permit. La de dah I'm healthy no shit. I'm 5'1- HOLLAAAA. During the exam he goes, did you have your other HepA vaccine, and I said yes.
Are you sure?
Yes. I needed it for school.
Well who gave it to you
*blank stare*
Ohkay then.
He didn't give me time because he pulled a HepA vaccine outta his pocket and poof. Fucker gave me subq emphysema (he didnt get the air outta the syringe before he gave it to me.) So all day I was played with the air bubbles in my arm.
Saturday morning: stayed over johns, and woke up with a sore throat. Not always abmornal especially when I use different toothpaste brand, or allergies. Went to his game. Got burnt (yes at 8am) and relaxed with sushi the rest of the day. Went home. Felt like crap! Headache and etc but it's fine. It's that time soo i figured chocolate and caffeine would suffice.
Sunday: was woken up to a text from Jen to go to the Phillies game :) woo! Me Jen, her sister, and Jules went down to meet up with Jamie and family for Jamies birthday. On the way down I looked at my legs. Red dots. Forearms. Red Dots. Looked like prickly heat. It was sooo effin hot out so I shrugged it off. Didn't burn nor itch so whatevs.
[The game was fun. we eventually left because we were kicked outta our seats due to lightning right behind house so we said fuck it and got cheesesteaks]
Sunday night: around 11, The prickly heat spread a little and covered both my forearms. Didnt itch nothin. Woke up my mom for benedryl because I wanted it to go away. She said I was bein weird. Drink fluids. and we'll keep an eye on it.
Monday morning. HELLO red bumpy looks like scarlet fever rash on my arms and thighs! and OH my boob and lower back. Hmm. Throat still sore. No fever. Definatly is a reaction to the HepA vaccine. I had no life altering changes eating wise, shampoos nothin. Went to doctors. He had no idea either. Cultered my throat for a strept infection because sometimes you get a rash for that. Otherwise it was probably mono or nothing. Some viruses come and go. He gave me a slip for blood work "just in case".
Got home. Hung out. John came to pick me up. My mom - now intruiged because we have NO clue what it is. [Mind you I've taken 4 showers in 24hrs.] Probably a virus. She said it's on my face! No mom that's my acne. She says it's redder than normal. Ohkay thanks mom. Now it spread to my neck.
Went to John's and hung out. The dots turned to blotches on my arms and elbows and was spreading up my back and down my legs. Around 930 I was gettin nervous and wanted to go home.
So now I look beautiful. A red ginger mess. Still NO itching. NO fever. Weird. Took benedryl, went to bed around 10-1030.
Mom kept checkin on me. I couldnt sleep on one side for too long because it hurt. Especially my elbows and shoulders. Around 530 am shes gettin ready to leave I hear her check on me [I'm sleeping on Kevins floor just in case it's contagious? meh]. Now it's flaming red. It burns. She asks if i'm alright I say yeah. It's now up my neck, on my hands all over my butt. [yeah awesome right] SHe gives me gatorade and waterbottle and says keep hydrated and call me if it gets worse. No one is gonna be home besides me and the dog.
I pass back out.
Tuesday. Nine am i get a wake up call from the docs - it's not strept. Thanks. So I get up. go to the bathroom la de dah. WHOA. Hey face. Youre swollen. Lips? Have you gone Negro?
Eh well. Pop another benedryl, apply for a job [Got denied] and erin walks in. Whoa..uh how you feel. I say like shit. She goes: well im here for five minutes, uh keep drinkin and call mom.
Called my mom. told her. Then called the docs called them. THey didnt respond. Madre calls back and says im leavin work. [That NEVERRRR happens]
We got to the ER, I no longer look pale but a nice red. [Cue mom's ginger joke] Register. Get funny looks. [do i realllly look that bad?!] Get called back. But on the NASTY gown [yes I was at my old hospital. awesome] Doc comes in, looks at my forearms hmm are we having an allergic reaction to somthing? lifts up my sleeves and gown WHOA yes we are now. So! He orders IV 50mg of Benedryl and 30 mg Solumedrol -a steriod. The only reason w came in. Nurse puts the line in. Leaves. My tongue is getting thicker and my throat gets this pulling feeling. My mom tells the doc. The nurse comes in with the meds. Steriod-Done. My throat feels cool, like when you get anesthesia and I think ahhh euphoria im gonna pass ou.. wait..wait I can't breathe..somethings holding my neck. She pushes the Benedryl and it gets worse. All I could say was mom and I could feel the tears. It started getting black and I couldnt breathe. I tried slowing my breath but I couldnt. It got black again and the nurse had oxygen ready.
Everything finally started kicking in. The pain was really bad now. Like nerves on end. Got blood work done. Pee tested [just in case my kidneys were taking a toll]. Tried sleeping for a bit. Finally I started to look less like a burn victim.
There is <1% of the population to have a severe reaction to the HepA vaccine of course I was lucky to experience it. Thanks doc you really helped.
I'm now taking 50mg of benedryl around the clock. And a mega dose of Prendisone 60mg Daily- tappered . [minimum 5mg max 60] So I'm a little l0oped. [don't shower unless erin is home you have a lot in your system] Thanksss Mom.
thats my left arm after round the clock benedryl and massive steriods.. looks reallly good actually : /
Oh and I did have my other HepA Vaccine.. Soph year at Blue Bell.
So now I look beautiful. A red ginger mess.
ReplyDeletefelt the need to appologize after laughing at this lol
hope it gets better =)
haha it's lighthearded , i forgive you <3
ReplyDeleteif you can't laugh at yourself then what's the point.
this is humorous. ill laugh when i can walk among the humans. <3