16 February 2011

born to mother fuckin shine.

0530.
Mr. Coffee is percolating. Refrigerator is buzzing to keep the drinks cool. Other than the creaks and coughs of a sick roommate, the world is: silent. I would love to hang on to this moment; but my forever racing mind won't let me. Work today 7-3 then 4-930. Homework after that. Just sticking to today. Keeping it simple as possible.

Simple. Easy. all in perception. Nope it's never simple. No we can't just go back, but we can perceive the easiness of the present and the future. I don't have time for hate or regret-although there is only one of the two I am stuck on. Luckily, there is opportunity to avoid repeating the same mistakes. Am I ready?

In class yesterday we discussed briefly about the expectation of our future. The American Dream. What our hopes for the future will be. Do we want to surpass or model our parents. I sat quiet, the entire time.

My expectations for myself? This is something I have been contemplating since class. I expect to be stable, and happy, and willing to rip my whole self open for another person to accept..even my past. I expect to by the age of 25 have a Master's degree at LEAST.

No man bitch or attitude can hold me back; although they may try. Most people proclaim dreams and stay stagnant, never able to leave their home town. Sorry, that's not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment