Monday Morning. A humid film is settling, enveloping the cool-off from last night. Last night was a particular struggle to get to sleep, but after Shark Week, and the discovery of Indieplex[!] I watched Romeo&Juliet until I could coerce my mind to rest. I was actually excited to wake up early.
My first healthy decision was to have oatmeal with my meds. I usually like oatmeal with some cranberries but the blandness tasted super super bland. With the lack of taste buds, water even has a foreign taste. Oh well! One good decision leads to another. That's a new train I'm trying to ride. CHOO.
The weekend is a phantom to me at the moment. Time as it was happening was moving irregularly like when you're having a good time. Then once the inbetweens caught up with you, it drug on. The Brooks&Dunn Concert was fantastic. The "Last Rodeo". Now I don't really listen to them. But I soon recognized songs and learned to love a few others. Fireworks capped the night and consequently I discovered a new setting on my camera. woop! I can say how much of a sap I am. During "Only in a America" they brought out several members of each of the military branches to salute on stage and displayed a HUGE streamer, confetti, light bergade. There was not one person on their ass. Standing, jumping, cheering, saluting, USA chanting commenced. It was awesome. I have never seen that many people on the lawn for a paid concert. XTU was insane but that was free.
After, John and I went to Brigantine to see some lovely faces and essentially end the summer where we all began- On the beach at 3am, some in, some out of the water. My skin did alright, but my body internally collapsed a couple times. Whatever. I'm not sure how I feel about this school year starting, and I'm not going to waste time on it. Like all beginnings, the potential dancing in the shadows outshines the dreadfulness and the drama. This year is my Last Rodeo, and I intend on making it a wild standing ovation Ride.
Next on my list, Yoga and a run.
No comments:
Post a Comment