09 August 2010

when this skin finally sheds

First weekend at Bodhi: Complete. I can't decide where to begin, possibly from the beginning and skip the spaces. Jonathon is great and I'm sad he's gonna be leaving Wednesday to go back to FL. My crutch it gone and that means I'm gonna have to buck up and make the macchiatos, espressos and cappuchinos on the machine. I really need to practice steaming milk. I met Gammet [yep that's her name] this weekend. She's pretty awesome and we hit it off right away. She lives in the city, is from Maryland and we're like the craziest combo.



I met a few more regys and weekenders. Getting comfortable in the shop and feeling the rythmn of the people was like jumping back into a comfy pair of jeans. Everyangle fit and I felt...happy. Weird to come from a job right? My sandwich skills and parfait art art evolving. lol. I have to laugh because, at 830 am satruday [ i checked the time thats how i know] I was walking a napkin outside to someone eating a crossiant. They thanked me. As I turned to go inside I thought, wow, they appreciate it and I won't have to wipe them up later or clean them. Because really, at the hospital as an aide that what I did. Gave napkins, gave water, helped with food, then would have to clean IT up later. It was a nice change of pace. Sunday was the Farmer's Market which gave us a nice rush and some venders brought free fruit. Best effin fruit EVER. I think even if I don't have work me and mom are gonna go. The food is fantastic at this place.



So far the tips from the weekend would get me home-which is good. The commute isnt so terrible. I was exhausted yesterday. I really need to drink more water.. i dehydrate too quickly and my new obsession with the iced peach green tea is not condusive to staying hydrated.



I could goo and gah just over the people I've met so far; David the farmer, my -ithink hes british- friend, dan with the stasche.. Idunno I'm loving it and have reignited my goal and wish to live in an apt in the city after graduation. Probably manyauk.



My mom has been real cool about it too. She intently listens to my stories and such and I feel so nerdy and giddy at the same time. "I'm happy for you" she tells me yesterday "you're finally doing what you want and said you wanted to do..even if it's for a little while" It's true. The duo happiness of doing what I said I would and want to do is liberating. The underlying issue is money. I'll worrya bout that later. Do I know how much I'm making yet? No. &yes I did ask but.. we'll see. Also, Mom went on a spree and re organized the entire kitchen. We have entirely toooooo many pots pants bowls and such so she put the good ones up and I'm taking the rest to school. "&for your apartment whenever you get it. I've been saving random stuff here and there, it's not good stuff but I mean it'll be a good start." YES! WHAT? Secretly my mom can be awesome. I pretty much have a kitchen set haha. Idc if it's not perfect or sterling. Ive used it all since I was allowed to start cooking so I know it's usable. Awesome.



I just had the most unfullfilling but HEALTHY lunch. I need to cut back on my intake. Two dinners and smores are not the best way to stay in shape; especially since I have the race ina few weeks.



I finished True Blood and I need to seee the second season now. I'm slowly catching up but not having HBO is lame. I decided Ill use Johns house hah.



Seriously my skin needs to either A stop shedding or B do it all really really really quickly, i look like a snake. SSSSS

No comments:

Post a Comment