31 December 2010

One thing is certain: Nothing can hold back the night

Billy Joel- Two Thousand Years. Such an appropriate song right now. (This is our moment, here at the crossroads of time.)

Here is the breaking dawn of the last day of 2010. Whoa. Whoawhoawhoa. Time flies so much more quickly these days. It's been a momentous year, but I think it was a test drive for 2011. Events of note include Graduating with my ASN, passing my NCLEX, going on a roadtrip, dozen or so concerts, turning 21, getting my permit. Numerically speaking, 11 is one of my numbers; lucky/recurring/life numbers. [That and 3.] After thinking back and looking back, it's time to move forward. Swirls of nervousness, excitement, enchantment and anxious tension pave the way. I have my bright yellow rainboots ready to dance down this rainbow bricked road to where-ever it may lead. Trusting my feet to know the direction.


This year for certain, I graduate with Bachelor's in August, turn 22 in Sept, will have a car and a job. Everything else will fall between these events. The changes will be great but that's ok.

How will I be kicking off 2011 while tossing dueces to 2010? Not sure. Kevin and I were going to go on an adventure to NYC[!], but some last minute changes may be happening. I just wanna be somewhere and not stuck by myself. Not to difficult to achieve.

What I hope for 2011: that things happen as they should. I hope for happiness, courage and confidence. No pre-conceptions. No high hopes. Just taking it as it comes. I think that can be more exciting anyway.

Cheers and goodbye 2010. You were educational and inspirational, but not it's time to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment