Doritos and chocolate chips. Tears and belly laughter. Trust. I repeat- trust. The surface can't tell you shit, and some masks arent only worn once a year. Last night, the masks were layed. It wasn't a night we expected, but it was what we needed. "that kinda girl night." The fact I slept straight through the night [after occupying Jamies bed for a ew hours] is good. My brain is finalllyyy exhausted.
Today is a good day already. I have a shit ton to do and get ready for this week. While I'm making giant strides towards my goals , I'm simulataneously taking baby steps. Today is a new day. I will not be as low as yesterday. Nerves? Shaking? Stuttering? Embarrassing. But, you can only wear a mask for so long before you can't pretend. At least I have amazing people to punch me in the face, listen, laugh, offer advice [even if i don't like it right now] and hug. My GOD hugs are amazing.
Jamie asked me last night "So what's the game plan" .. because I always have a plan or a way to make it work or to just work on making it work etc...for once I didn't have one. But right now, one is in the works. When the wounds heal, and only the scars remain I will be able to say hello. Those scars will be muscle, and I will be stronger from this.
Let's give it up for T-I-M .. e.
Time. It's all we have right now. On to making the most of it.
Jamie sounds like a very intelligent person. You should keep her around.
ReplyDelete<3 Captain Cliche && your best friend TIM-e