I had my first realization of leaving Gwynedd today in the cafe, during the insanity that is student acceptance day. Mostly all of my friends are away this weekend, or went out somewhere, or are doing their natural thing- running.I sat there, looking around and eavesdropping to the best of my ability. There were mostly discussions about teachers and the crappy food [welcome to gmc newbie] and the nursing program. I even found pleasure in watching Al and Kruti cleaning tables. Then I realized...as much as I dislike Gwynedd Mercy College, that is the beautiful essence I am going to miss.. Sitting in the cafe with friends complaining and reminiscing.
Last night, after work I went to Tex Mex because it was Courtney's birthday celebration. It was a really amazingly good time. Mostly amusing. It felt like my four years were crammed into a small corner of margaritas and laughter. There were reconnections made, dances had, feathers tossed about and all around a good time. It is truly amazing how you can change in four years. I think the best part was looking a friend in the face after four years of barely any conversation, and falling back into place. [Even the most strange friendships can stand time]. I also learned too many margaritas make you look like a total idiot and I'm glad I could laugh and relish not having a hangover the next day.
I am hopeful for the future.. even though the future is beginning right now..
The library will be my current residence for the remainder of the day. So much to do. So much sleep missing. These are the days I am going to miss.
No comments:
Post a Comment