13 April 2011

save your strength for things you can change, forgive the ones you can't- ya gotta let it go.

Tuesdays have a way of changing the course. They have become the new drinking release, and that in itself turns the week upside down.

Last night at Tex Mex I had one of the best conversations with Butch (Albert Charles). A legend at the TM. I asked him, Butch - how do you make a relationship work/last? (Being married for 41 years) He's like you really wanna know? And I said yes. He told me: you need to be friends. The sex and love and all that can happen with anyone..you need to be able to trust and laugh and talk to that person and know they are your friend and together you can work things out..because things get tough and you need a friend during those times. Trust. It's huge. You need that. You also need to be in it together. 50%? It doesnt work. You both need to be in 100% or it will never work.

He said other things too.. but.. thank you Butch you gave me hope.

Also came back to school and had an earrings out (just in case) and phones to to side conversation with Anna. Everything (I think..well for the most part that was necessary) we heard, or felt, or did was layed out. I really believe that if we weren't the good of friends we were before the mess, the conversation would not have happened.. I think that was said too. No were not fruity tooty lovey best friends; as mature about this as it is, that is asking alot emotionally on both sides. It was really nice though to realize common lies, and that we were lied to, and people - outside people- have way too much to say...although it's not an excuse for either part .. outside hands had a nice part in the mess..

BUT We're ok. That's all you can ask for. I have no grudges. I truly am moving on. I get people feel "uncomfortable".. but honestly.. I have been real this whole time. Friends? Idk. Aquaintances - yes. Someday? Who knows. Things won't be the same but thankfully we're on the same page. And that's all that matters

Jamie is yelling.. time to eat.

Oh and I love jamie. Just sayin... she's up for saint status.

1 comment: