15 February 2010

* Follow the star. (from the previous entry)

What do you Believe? Who do you follow? Are we all the same? Where does your faith lay?

In my Sacred Writings class we are exploring Religions, both Eastern and Western. I could write for days and days about the material because it's so interesting!

During one of the more boring classes I took a religious/spiritual quiz, to see where I fell in the realm of 24most popular/common world religions.

Ironically, I was 22% Roman Catholic. Sorry JC. I was 100% Neo-Pagan (next was a sector of buddhism). Now the born and baptized Catholic in me winced because that sounds bad. I pictured the big guy shaking his finger at me and priests all over the world dying at this thought. But then, I figured what the hell. Let's google. What I gathered, was that I essentailly believe everything has a spirit, there is not one true diety but an ambigous being. I am tolerant of other ideas (very eastern). Also I hav ea karam like belief and satan is not the root of evil, and very modern indivualist view of contemprary issues.

It was cool because maybe in 10years I could follow the traditions of that of Jews.

According to Eastern thought,

  • Attachment makes you miserable.
  • There is no reality.
  • Why worry.

To desire something, makes you suffer because ultimately you will never be satisfied. So eleviate that we mus disengage. WESTERN idea defines eerything to death. Like those in India, they are spit on the ground poor but they are happy. Misery essentially doesnt exist because they cant change the way things are, so why desire somthing when you cant have it and it just makes you miserable.

It's MUCH MUCH easier to verablize this circle of thought then to type. All I know is, the more we know the less we treasure and the more miserable we are. Think about it. When you desire somthing, and you know you cant have it it make you miserable. Just cut the roots and let it fly. No stress.

I am in the process of destressing. Eliminating the what ifs, maybes, whys, and treasure the now. Because essentially it doesnt matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment